Adaptation Learning Exchange for OrganisationsProject On-going
Date added: 10/08/2016
A programme to support organisations with adaptation planning
The Adaptation Learning Exchange for Organisations provides a collaborative process to support organisations (including public bodies, businesses and third sector) with adaptation planning.
It aims to do this through the sharing of knowledge and ideas, highlighting good practice and increasing learning and networking opportunities.
The Adaptation Learning Exchange for Organisations includes three elements:
1. The Exchange: To enable sharing of information, foster collaboration and peer support between ALE members. ‘The Exchange’ is the mechanism by which all ALE members can be kept up-to-date and connect with each other.
- Exchange Events –one day events focussed on networking, sharing progress and developing collaborations.
- Member Updates – an update newsletter drawn from ALE members sharing progress and planned work
2. Accelerator courses: To build the capacity of organisations through a targeted professional learning programme. Accelerator courses focus on equipping participants with the skills and confidence to drive adaptation forward in their organisation. They also foster peer support and learning between participants – and with the wider Adaptation Learning Exchange membership.
- Place-Base Accelerator Courses – a focus on organisations within a defined geographical region to encourage more active collaboration between participants. During 2016/2017 a place based accelerator course will be run in Glasgow and the Clyde Valley.
- Open Accelerator – open to any organisation in Scotland through an application process, ensuring fair opportunity of access. The next open accelerator is planned for 2017/ 2018, applications will open in 2017.
3. Task Groups: To enable collaborative working that provides peer support.
Adaptation Scotland supports ALE members to set up Task Groups to deliver clearly defined activities, within defined timescales. Recent examples include a Risk Assessment Task Group.
Climate Ready Clyde Accelerator
From November 2016 through to May 2017 the Climate Ready Clyde Accelerator is bringing together 10 organisations from the Glasgow City Region - East Dunbartonshire Council, Glasgow City Council, Inverclyde Council, NHS Lanarkshire, SNH, SPT, University of Glasgow, University of Strathclyde, West Dunbartonshire Council, Clyde Marine Planning Partnership. The Accelerator is a targeted professional learning programme that provides participants with the skills and confidence to drive adaptation forward in their organisations. It is based around two workshops (28-29 November 2016 and May 2017) and a self-selected adaptation task. Participants are building relationships with other adaptation professionals in the region and Adaptation Scotland will supporting task groups based on chosen adaptation challenges.