Apply to join our Benchmarking Working Group!
The Adaptation Capability Framework was launched in May 2019. To support the use of the Framework, the Benchmarking Tool was developed to measure progress on adaptation, track the impact of actions and illustrate an organisation’s adaptation journey.
The Benchmarking Working Group is comprised of public bodies who work together to benchmark their progress and identify and share learning on climate change adaptation. The Benchmarking Working Group:
- Supports organisations to use the Benchmarking Tool
- Facilitates peer to peer support
- Provides training and skills development
- Develops case studies and shares good practice
- Provides feedback to inform further development of the Adaptation Capability Framework
The benchmarking group started in June 2019 and includes 15 major organisations including local authorities, infrastructure operators, universities and national public bodies. Following a successful first year we are now offering the opportunity for a further 12 organisations to join the benchmarking working group in June 2020.
1. Who can join?
The benchmarking working group is open to professionals who are leading, or closely involved with implementing adaptation work within public sector organisations.
2. What level of commitment is expected from participants?
Participants are expected to:
- Commit to benchmarking adaptation progress of their organisation using the Adaptation Capability Framework Benchmarking Tool
- Take part in monthly 1 hour working group calls to share experience and learning
- Participate in two in person* events per year. These events provide training and support to progress adaptation work and are designed in collaboration with the working group.
*In person events will be replaced with online alternatives as required during COVID19 response and recovery
3. What will participants gain from being involved in the group?
Participants benefit from:
- Advice and support on how to use the benchmarking tool and identify next steps for adaptation work
- Space to reflect on learning and share experience with others
- Training and skills development covering topics such as facilitation, communication and project planning
- Opportunities to network and receive support from peers
4. How can I get involved?
Contact Ellie Murtagh with details of your name, role within your organisation and confirmation that you are able to meet the commitments asked of working group members (section 2 above). Please also include a couple of sentences setting out how you hope to benefit from and contribute to the Benchmarking Working Group.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are interested in taking part or have any questions, please contact Ellie by the new extended deadline of Friday June 5th – email@example.com