Apply to join our Climate Finance Expert Working Group!
Funding and finance for adaptation in Scotland needs to increase, as does adaptation activity in Scotland’s financial sector. To deliver a step change in adaptation action in Scotland, meet the challenges of the global climate emergency and achieve the vision and outcomes set out in the Scottish Climate Change Adaptation Programme, Adaptation Scotland is focusing on developing solutions to unlocking the finance needed.
Adaptation Scotland is launching a Climate Finance Expert Working Group to work with local authorities, governments and the private sector to increase funding of adaptation and to begin to define Scotland’s role in the ongoing efforts of the global financial system to alter financial flows to minimise shocks arising from climate-related financial risks.
1. What will the working group do?
This expert working group will work to:
- Enable stakeholder, policy and finance landscape development
- Provide organisational and project support to identify and leverage adaptation funding
- Support skills and knowledge development for stakeholders to be able to successfully fund and finance adaptation projects
- Explore and propose how adaptation can be integrated into Scotland’s emerging economic recovery plans post COVID-19
2. Who can join?
The climate finance expert working group is open to professionals who are leading, or closely involved with, implementing adaptation work within public sector organisations and businesses or are involved in financing and funding adaptation projects.
3. What level of commitment is expected from participants?
Participants are expected to:
- Attend bi-monthly working group meetings*
- Contribute to development of working group outputs
- Support dissemination of knowledge and deliverables created
*In person events will be replaced with online alternatives as required during COVID19 response and recovery
4. What will participants gain from being involved in the group?
Participants will benefit from:
- Space to explore barriers and enablers to accessing climate adaptation finance and funding
- Chance to contribute to resources on climate adaptation finance and actively influence adaptation finance and funding requirements and availability in Scotland
- Opportunities to network with peer individuals and institutions
5. How can I get involved?
Contact Adaptation Scotland with details of your name, role within your organisation and confirmation that you are able to meet the commitments asked of working group members (section 3 above) by Friday July 3rd. Please include a couple of sentences setting out why you wish to join the expert working group and how you hope to benefit from and contribute to the Climate Finance Expert Working Group.
Places are limited and will be allocated based on appropriate fit with working group aims. If you are interested in taking part or have any questions, please contact us at AdaptationScotland@sniffer.org.uk