Opportunity: Events coordination and digital engagement – Expression of interest
Sniffer is looking for events coordination and digital engagement support to deliver a hybrid conference in February 2023. This will be a Short consultancy contract - up to £5k, November 2022 – end March 2023
Summary: To support Sniffer in delivering a hybrid conference in February 2023, including support with digital engagement and communications.
We are looking for help as we organise Scotland’s Flood Risk Management Conference that will be taking place in a hybrid format, in February 2023. Sniffer is a Scottish Charity that acts as a catalyst, fostering collaboration across sectors and places to ensure transformation towards a flourishing and fairer future for all in a changing climate. This opportunity is offered as a short term consultancy opportunity.
The role will involve:
- Supporting Sniffer in the delivery of the conference, using digital platforms to provide professional delivery of events or materials, and undertake post-event analysis
- Working with the venue and digital production team to administer the conference and using tools like Slido to support the in-person and hybrid event delegates to participate fully.
- Creating inspiring and engaging digital content including primarily social media contents for the conference, such as webpages and simple graphics and videos to support engagement and profile raising.
- Working as part of the team, to undertake logistics and event planning activities such as liaising with the venue, delegates and those speaking at the event.
- Liaising with the venue and / online event platform provider to enable content streaming
Skills, knowledge and experience
We are looking for someone who:
- Is competent in digital engagement using various online platforms
- Has expertise in event coordination and management (online and in person)
- Is flexible and can work nimbly
- Is people-focused i.e. good at interacting with Sniffer staff and senior external stakeholders
- Has an interest in climate and environmental issues
The conference is being held in central Scotland and in person attendance at this event is needed. Most of the preparatory work for this event will be held online however, we would also ask that you be able to attend some meetings in Edinburgh.
We are looking for someone who can work with us between late November 2022 and late February 2023 on a jointly defined timeline.
Our maximum budget is £5k exclusive of VAT
How to apply
Please email your CV including examples of relevant experience, a paragraph on why you would like to do this work, and a quote as one PDF file to Sniffer’s director Ruth Wolstenholme [email protected] by 1 November 2022. We will then be in contact re next steps.