Launch event: Adaptation climate finance guide and case studies
This event has been rescheduled for Wednesday 5 October. Register now
Our new resources will help you to develop the knowledge and skills needed to finance climate adaptation projects in Scotland. Developed with members of our Climate Finance Working Group, and Paul Watkiss Associates, the new resources are:
- A Guide to Adaptation Climate Finance: a starting point for anyone looking to assess financing options for adaptation projects in Scotland, exploring challenges, opportunities and practical actions.
- Developing adaptation finance business cases: three case studies to explore the opportunities to apply a wider range of financing mechanisms to on the ground adaptation projects.
The impacts of climate change, from extreme heat to increased flood risk, are already being felt in Scotland, and will continue to increase, even as we transition to net zero. However, there is a major “adaptation finance gap” – the difference between the amount of finance flowing to adaptation action, and the estimated need.
Over the last two years, the Adaptation Scotland Climate Finance Working Group has been helping to start to close this gap by working with local authorities, public bodies, and the private sector to increase understanding of and access to adaptation finance and funding.
Join the webinar to hear the key messages from the new publications and to explore and discuss emerging opportunities and next steps for adaptation finance in Scotland.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Peter Robinson, Head of Engineering, Scottish Canals and Chair of the Adaptation Scotland Climate Finance Working Group
- Paul Watkiss, adaptation finance expert at Paul Watkiss Associates
- Anna Beswick, Adaptation Scotland Programme Manager
- Patrick Jean-Martel, Environmental Green Finance Manager, NatureScot
- Louise Wilson, Joint Managing Director, Abundance Investment
The new resources will be available online following the event.